218-773-1194
or
1-800-325-2412

Our History

In 1939 Bert Gregoire founded Bert's Truck Equipment in downtown East Grand Forks.  The original location was just across the street from the old Farmsco Elevator on Demers Avenue.

Bert moved the business to its current location in 1958.  The shop, parts department, office and warehouse storages are located on Business HWY. 2, East of the American Crystal Sugar beet plant.

Lloyd Gregoire, purchased the business from his father in 1969 and continued to grow the business with additions to the shop, additional warehouse space, larger parts department and new office.

After a major fire destroyed the complete shop, parts department and office in August of 1989 the company was reorganized .  Third generation owners Scott and Wayne Gregoire purchased the business from their father keeping the business with the Gregoire family.

The fire was the single most difficult challenge for the survival of the company.
The morning after the fire Bert's employees immediately began setting up a temporary shop in a 75 X 100 Ft. storage building.  Electrical power had to be trenched in.  The building had to be completely emptied.  An air compressor, air lines, electrical and welder outlets etc. had to be installed.

After working through the weekend the employees had the shop and parts department ready for business on Monday morning, just Four days after the fire.  Temporary sales and clerical office space was set up next door.

Construction of the new 14,500 square foot building was completed in January of 1990 and the building was immediately occupied.  The new building was much improved with a large display area for the parts department and more modern sales office and  clerical space.

Construction of a new welding shop in the spring of 1995 has increased the total shop space to 19,000 square feet and allowed the company to manufacture more of the accessory items that it sells along with its complete line of truck bodies and truck equipment.

In August of 2001, Wayne Gregoire bought out Scott Gregoire's ownership and is currently carrying on the Bert's tradition by himself.  Wayne's son Ryan has recently joined the sales team as he looks forward to helping with the success of the ongoing family tradition .

Also, in addition to the shop Bert's has a total of over 20,000 square feet of warehouse storage space for the companies large supply of truck bodies, hydraulic hoists, tag and pusher axles, truck equipment parts and accessories.

Bert's Truck Equipment currently has 18 loyal full time employees with a total of over 190 years of combined service to the business and industry.

"At Bert's we want to help the customer solve his truck equipment problems by giving him as much professional and technical information as possible so he can make a more informed business decision."

"The job is SOOOOO easy with the right truck equipment."